Free Convert MBOX to PST
- Convert multiple MBOX files to PST at a time
- Export MBOX mailboxes to MSG and Office 365
- Filter by From, To, Subject, Date, & Attachment, and save items selectively
- Retain the folder hierarchy and email properties unaffected
- Work with 20 email clients—AppleMail, Thunderbird, Opera, & more
- Preview the entire mailbox data – in free and licensed versions
- Use the trial version to save 25 items/folder free (in PST/MSG/EML)
- Use with all versions—including Windows10 & Outlook 2016
How to convert MBOX files into PST format?
MS Outlook is the most used email client when you compare it with other options available in the market. It uses PST format to read and store emails. Email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, etc use MBOX file format. The plethoras of email clients offer huge variety and let the users communicate via emails though different Operating systems. The trouble comes in when user tries to send or read emails in a cross platform. Many a times, users that are accustomed with MS Outlook do not like using any other email client or even if they do, at some point of time, they need all emails back to the MS Outlook format. So, how do you react to such situation?
Performing MBOX to PST is not easy but with help of certain steps, you can definitely manage to convert MBOX files into PST format. For converting MBOX to PST, you first need to import all the mailbox data to an MBOX file. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Open Apple Mail on your system.
- On the File menu, click on Import Mailboxes option and Select the program or file from which you want to import the data.
- Click on "Files in mbox format" and click on Continue button.
- Browse the location where the MBOX file is saved.
- Select the MBOX file which you want to import.
- The importing process for the selected MBOX file will be started. Wait until the process gets successfully completed and click "Done" when it is complete.
The imported mailbox is located in the Import section of Apple mail. Now, you must have Eudora to complete the conversion as you cannot directly migrate these files to Outlook Express and then to MS Outlook. Follow the steps given to convert emails from each email client:
- Rename the MBOX file e.g., if it is "InboxMBOX", rename it "InboxMBOX.mbx".
- Move "InboxMBOX.mbx", to the directory in which Eudora stores its files ("C:\Documents and Settings\
Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora" )
- Launch Eudora on your system and double-click the InboxMBOX.mbx file and Close Eudora.
- Open Outlook Express. On the File menu, click on Import -> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list and click on Next.
- Browse the location in which you have moved the InboxMBOX.mbx file, and click on OK.
- Click on Next -> Next again and then Finish.
Imported mailbox is generally present in the "Local Folders" section of Outlook Express.
- Open MS Outlook on your system, click on File tab -> Open.
- Click on Import section to go to the "Import and Export Wizard".
- Select Import “Internet Mail and Addresses” from the list and click on Next.
- Select the "Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail" option. Click on Next. (The Import Mail option given there should be checked.)
After the entire process completion, check for the file under "Outlook Today – [Personal Folders]". You can access the files easily from here. This entire process needs certain amount of time and specific skill set, that is, it is not very easy and time taking to perform the MBOX to PST migration. Hence, third party Kernel for MBOX to PST conversion tool is used. Other than being easy to use and interactive, Free Convert MBOX to PST is user friendly and embedded with excellent features that perform complete MBOX migration within minutes. The software allows user to refine migration based on email properties and save the migrated data in PST or MSG format to the required location. Also available in Trial version, for the users to check its functionalities before purchase, the software is the simplest and most effective way to perform MBOX to PST migration.